Mon Amar Tor Kinare Haralo Din Dahare: A Beautiful Bengali Song You Need to Hear
If you are a fan of Bengali music, you might have heard of the song “Mon Amar Tor Kinare Haralo Din Dahare” by Arijit Singh. This song is from the movie Herogiri, which was released in 2015. The song is a fusion of R&B and electronic music that tells the love story of two people, Raj and Nandini, played by Dev and Sayantika Banerjee respectively.
What does the song mean?
The title of the song translates to “My heart on your shore, lost in the day” in English. The song expresses the feelings of a man who has fallen in love with a woman who does not reciprocate his feelings. He says that he wants to be with her, to hold her hand, to whisper in her ear, and to tell her his secrets. He says that he can do anything for her, and that her words fill his heart with joy. He asks her who she loves, and why she does not love him back.
What makes the song special?
The song is special for many reasons. First of all, it is sung by Arijit Singh, who is one of the most popular and versatile singers in India. He has sung songs in various languages and genres, and has won many awards for his work. He is known for his soulful voice and emotional expression. In this song, he showcases his range and skill by singing both high and low notes with ease.
Secondly, the song is composed by Jeet Gannguli, who is also a renowned music director and singer. He has composed music for many hit movies and albums, and has collaborated with Arijit Singh on many occasions. He is known for his catchy tunes and melodies that appeal to a wide audience. In this song, he creates a blend of R&B and electronic music that suits the mood and theme of the song.
Thirdly, the song is written by Raja Chanda, who is also the director of the movie Herogiri. He has written lyrics for many songs and movies, and has a knack for creating catchy phrases and rhymes. In this song, he uses simple but poetic words to convey the emotions of the protagonist. He also uses repetition and chorus to create a memorable impact on the listeners.
How can you listen to the song?
If you want to listen to the song, you can find it on various platforms online. You can watch the official music video on YouTube, which features scenes from the movie Herogiri. You can also read the lyrics and their translation on Genius or Lyrics Translate. You can also stream or download the song on Spotify, Apple Music, Gaana, JioSaavn, or any other music app of your choice.
What is the movie Herogiri about?
The movie Herogiri is a Bengali action comedy that was released in 2015. It is directed by Rabi Kinagi and produced by Nispal Singh under the banner of Surinder Films. It is a remake of the 2013 Telugu movie Balupu. The movie features Mithun Chakrabarty, Dev, Koel Mallick and Sayantika Banerjee in lead roles.
The movie revolves around Shuvo, played by Dev, who works as a collection agent of ICICI in Kolkata and lives with his father Dibakar Burman, played by Mithun Chakrabarty. Shuvo decides to teach a lesson to Maria, played by Koel Mallick, and her uncle Buddhadev, played by Kharaj Mukherjee, who have a habit of cheating gullible young men. He pretends to be in love with Maria and proposes to her, but he has a hidden agenda. However, things get complicated when Maria falls in love with him for real and her father reveals that she is already engaged to Rohit, played by Bharat Kaul. How Shuvo deals with this situation and what secrets he has in his past form the rest of the story.
How was the movie received by the audience and critics?
The movie was a commercial success at the box office and was one of the highest-grossing Bengali films of 2015. It was also well received by the audience who enjoyed the comedy and action sequences. The songs composed by Jeet Gannguli were also popular among the listeners.
However, the movie received mixed reviews from the critics who praised the performances of the actors but criticized the lack of originality and logic in the script. Some critics also felt that the movie was too long and dragged in some parts. The movie was also compared unfavorably with its original Telugu version Balupu.
What are the benefits of listening to Bengali music?
Bengali music is a rich and diverse form of art that has a long and glorious history. Bengali music encompasses various genres, such as classical, folk, devotional, modern, and rock. Listening to Bengali music can have many benefits for your mind, body, and soul. Here are some of them:
- Listening to Bengali music can improve your cognitive performance. Bengali music is known for its complex and intricate melodies, rhythms, and lyrics that challenge your brain and enhance your memory, attention, and creativity. Studies have shown that listening to music can boost your mental abilities and even prevent cognitive decline in older adults.
- Listening to Bengali music can reduce your stress. Bengali music can have a soothing and calming effect on your emotions and mood. It can help you relax, cope with anxiety, and manage pain. Bengali music can also stimulate your parasympathetic nervous system, which is responsible for lowering your heart rate, blood pressure, and cortisol levels.
- Listening to Bengali music can help you eat less. Bengali music can influence your eating behavior and appetite. Research has found that listening to soft and slow music while dining can make you eat less and enjoy your food more. This is because music can affect your perception of time, taste, and satiety.
- Listening to Bengali music can enrich your cultural awareness. Bengali music is a reflection of the diverse and vibrant culture of Bengal, a region that spans across India and Bangladesh. Listening to Bengali music can expose you to the history, traditions, values, and beliefs of the Bengali people. It can also help you appreciate the beauty and diversity of their language, literature, and art.
- Listening to Bengali music can inspire you. Bengali music is a source of inspiration for many people who love music and art. Bengali music has produced some of the most influential and legendary artists in the world, such as Rabindranath Tagore, Kazi Nazrul Islam, Ravi Shankar, Lalon Fakir, Hemanta Mukherjee, Manna Dey, Lata Mangeshkar, Shreya Ghoshal, Arijit Singh, Anjan Dutt, Rupam Islam, and many more. Listening to their songs can motivate you to pursue your dreams and passions.
What are the challenges of remaking a movie in another language?
Remaking a movie in another language is not an easy task. It involves many challenges and risks that can affect the quality and reception of the remake. Some of the common challenges are:
- Finding the right balance between fidelity and creativity. Remaking a movie in another language requires adapting the original story, characters, dialogue, and style to suit the cultural and linguistic context of the target audience. However, this also means making changes that might alter or lose some of the essence and appeal of the original. The challenge is to find the right balance between being faithful to the source material and being creative enough to make the remake relevant and engaging for the new viewers.
- Dealing with legal and ethical issues. Remaking a movie in another language requires obtaining the rights and permissions from the original creators and producers. This can be a complicated and costly process, especially if there are multiple parties involved or if there are disputes over ownership or royalties. Moreover, remaking a movie in another language might raise ethical issues, such as plagiarism, cultural appropriation, or disrespect for the original work.
- Facing competition and comparison. Remaking a movie in another language means entering a market that might already be familiar with or exposed to the original version. This can create competition and comparison that can affect the performance and reception of the remake. The remake might have to compete with the original for attention, distribution, and revenue. The remake might also have to face comparison with the original in terms of quality, popularity, and impact.
- Overcoming audience resistance and expectations. Remaking a movie in another language might encounter resistance and expectations from the potential audience. Some audience members might be loyal to or prefer the original version and reject or avoid the remake. Some audience members might have preconceived notions or expectations about the remake based on their familiarity with or attachment to the original. The challenge is to overcome these barriers and attract and satisfy the audience with the remake.
What are the best scenes in the movie Herogiri?
The movie Herogiri is a Bengali action comedy that features many entertaining and hilarious scenes. Some of the best scenes are:
- The scene where Shuvo (Dev) pretends to be a doctor and meets Dr. Nandini (Sayantika Banerjee) for the first time. He tries to impress her with his fake medical knowledge and skills, but ends up making a fool of himself. He also gets into trouble with the hospital staff and patients for his antics.
- The scene where Shuvo and his friends plan to kidnap Maria (Koel Mallick) and her uncle Buddhadev (Kharaj Mukherjee) to teach them a lesson for cheating his friend. However, their plan goes wrong when they realize that they have kidnapped the wrong girl and uncle. They also face the wrath of Maria’s father, who is a powerful politician.
- The scene where Shuvo reveals his true identity and past to Nandini and Maria. He tells them that he is actually Raj, the son of Dibakar Burman (Mithun Chakraborty), a former don who has retired from crime. He also tells them that he has a rivalry with Bhavani Pathak (Bharat Kaul), a notorious gangster who killed his mother and tried to kill him and his father.
- The scene where Shuvo and his father team up to fight against Bhavani Pathak and his goons. They use their wit and skills to outsmart and defeat their enemies. They also get help from Maria, Nandini, and Buddhadev, who join them in the action.
- The scene where Shuvo and Maria get married with the blessings of their families and friends. They also celebrate their love by dancing to the song “Mon Amar Tor Kinare Haralo Din Dahare”, which expresses their feelings for each other.
In this article, we have discussed the song “Mon Amar Tor Kinare Haralo Din Dahare” and its various aspects. We have learned about the meaning and lyrics of the song, the singer and composer of the song, the movie and actors associated with the song, and the benefits and challenges of remaking a movie in another language. We have also seen some of the best scenes in the movie Herogiri that feature the song. We hope that this article has given you some insight into the song and its context, and that you have enjoyed listening to it.