Download ↔ https://ssurll.com/2uZr1f
Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia: A Comprehensive Guide for Anesthesiologists
Cardiac anesthesia is a specialized field of anesthesia that requires a thorough understanding of the anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and pathology of the heart and the cardiovascular system. Cardiac anesthesiologists are responsible for providing anesthesia and perioperative care to patients undergoing cardiac surgery, as well as cardiac patients undergoing noncardiac surgery.
One of the most authoritative and comprehensive sources of information on cardiac anesthesia is Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia, a textbook that covers all aspects of cardiac anesthesia in cardiac and noncardiac surgery. The seventh edition of this book was published in 2017 and edited by Joel A. Kaplan and four associate editors. This book provides up-to-date information on the latest techniques, together with essential guidance for readers administering anesthesia to cardiac surgery patients as well as cardiac patients undergoing noncardiac surgery.
What is Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia?
Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia is a textbook that covers the following topics:
- Evolution of cardiac anesthesia and surgery
- Cardiac physiology, coronary physiology, molecular cardiovascular medicine, and systemic inflammation
- Pharmacology of anesthetic drugs and cardiovascular drugs
- Assessment of cardiac risk and the cardiology consultation
- Cardiac catheterization laboratory, cardiac electrophysiology, and interventional cardiology
- Monitoring of the heart and vascular system, including intraoperative echocardiography and transesophageal echocardiography
- Central nervous system monitoring and coagulation monitoring
- Anesthesia for myocardial revascularization, valvular heart disease, minimally invasive cardiac surgery, congenital heart disease in adults, thoracic aortic disease, cardiac pacing and electroversion, heart, lung, and heart-lung transplantation, and new approaches to the surgical treatment of end-stage heart failure
- Cardiopulmonary bypass and the anesthesiologist
- Transfusion medicine and coagulation disorders
- Organ protection during cardiopulmonary bypass
- Discontinuing cardiopulmonary bypass
- Postoperative cardiac recovery and outcomes
- Postoperative cardiovascular management and respiratory care
- Central nervous system dysfunction after cardiopulmonary bypass
- Long-term complications and management
- Pain management for the postoperative cardiac patient
- Financial aspects of patient care
- Evaluating quality in cardiovascular surgery
- Reducing errors in cardiac anesthesiology
- Cardiac anesthesia: training, qualifications, teaching, and learning
The book is divided into 32 chapters, each written by experts in the field. The book also includes numerous tables, figures, algorithms, illustrations, photographs, videos, and references to enhance the learning experience. The book is available in both hardcover and ebook formats.
Why is Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia important?
Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia is important because it provides a comprehensive and up-to-date overview of the principles and practice of cardiac anesthesia. It helps readers to:
- Understand the complex physiology and pathophysiology of the heart and the cardiovascular system
- Select the appropriate anesthetic drugs and techniques for different types of cardiac surgery and patients
- Monitor the hemodynamic and echocardiographic parameters during cardiac surgery and perioperative period
- Manage the potential complications and challenges associated with cardiopulmonary bypass, organ protection, transfusion therapy, coagulation disorders, postoperative care, and long-term outcomes
- Apply the best evidence-based practices and quality improvement measures to optimize patient safety and satisfaction
- Keep abreast of the latest advances and innovations in cardiac anesthesia and surgery
- Enhance their knowledge and skills in cardiac anesthesia through self-assessment questions, case studies, videos, and online resources
Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia is a valuable resource for anesthesiologists, residents, fellows, nurses, perfusionists, cardiologists, surgeons, intensivists
How to download Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia PDF?
If you are interested in reading Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia, you may wonder how to download the PDF version of the book. There are several ways to do so, depending on your preferences and budget.
One option is to purchase the ebook from the publisher’s website. You can choose between different formats, such as PDF, EPUB, and MOBI. The ebook costs $199.99 and you can access it online or offline on any device. You can also print or copy a limited number of pages for personal use.
Another option is to borrow the ebook from a library or an academic institution that has access to the publisher’s platform. You can search for the book on the platform’s website and see if it is available for loan. You may need to create an account and log in with your library or institution credentials. You can then download the ebook for a limited period of time and read it on your device.
A third option is to use a free online service that allows you to download PDF files of books and other documents. However, this option may not be legal, ethical, or safe. You may infringe the copyright of the author and the publisher, and you may expose your device to malware or viruses. You may also get low-quality or incomplete versions of the book. Therefore, we do not recommend this option and we advise you to respect the intellectual property rights of the creators.
What are the benefits of reading Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia PDF?
Reading Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia PDF has many benefits for anyone who wants to learn more about cardiac anesthesia. Some of these benefits are:
- You can access the book anytime and anywhere on your device, without carrying a heavy hardcover book.
- You can zoom in and out, highlight, bookmark, and annotate the text as you wish.
- You can search for keywords and topics within the book easily and quickly.
- You can link to external sources and references from the book with a click.
- You can save money and space by buying or borrowing one digital copy instead of multiple physical copies.
However, reading Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia PDF also has some drawbacks, such as:
- You may experience eye strain or fatigue from reading on a screen for a long time.
- You may need a reliable internet connection and a compatible device to access the book online or offline.
- You may face technical issues or glitches that prevent you from opening or reading the book properly.
- You may lose your access to the book if you forget your account details, delete your files, or lose your device.
Therefore, you should weigh the pros and cons of reading Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia PDF before deciding which option suits you best.
Who is the author of Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia?
The author of Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia is Joel A. Kaplan, MD, CPE, FACC. He is a professor of anesthesiology at the University of California, San Diego, and a dean emeritus of the School of Medicine and former chancellor of the Health Sciences Center at the University of Louisville. He is also a board-certified anesthesiologist and a fellow of the American College of Cardiology.
Dr. Kaplan has over 40 years of experience in cardiac anesthesia and has published more than 300 articles, chapters, and books on the topic. He is the editor-in-chief of the Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia and a past president of the Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists. He has received numerous awards and honors for his contributions to the field, such as the Distinguished Service Award from the American Society of Anesthesiologists and the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists.
Dr. Kaplan is also an international lecturer and educator who has taught and trained thousands of anesthesiologists, cardiologists, surgeons, nurses, and perfusionists around the world. He is known for his clear and concise style of writing and teaching, as well as his passion and enthusiasm for cardiac anesthesia.
What are some reviews of Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia?
Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia has received positive reviews from readers and critics alike. Here are some examples of what they have said about the book:
- “This book is a must-have for anyone who practices cardiac anesthesia or plans to do so in the future. It covers everything from basic science to clinical practice in a comprehensive and authoritative manner. The chapters are well-written, well-illustrated, and well-referenced. The online resources are also very helpful and convenient. This book is a masterpiece that reflects the expertise and experience of Dr. Kaplan and his colleagues.” – Amazon customer review
- “This is an excellent reference for cardiac anesthesia. It is comprehensive, up-to-date, and easy to read. The book covers all aspects of cardiac anesthesia in both cardiac and noncardiac surgery, including physiology, pharmacology, monitoring, techniques, complications, outcomes, and quality improvement. The book also includes online access to videos, cases, questions, and references. This is a valuable resource for anyone involved in cardiac anesthesia.” – Doody’s Review Service
- “This is a superb textbook that provides a complete overview of cardiac anesthesia in a clear and concise manner. The book is divided into logical sections that cover all relevant topics in depth. The book also incorporates the latest evidence-based practices and innovations in cardiac anesthesia and surgery. The book is richly illustrated with tables, figures, algorithms, photographs, and videos that enhance the learning experience. The book is written by experts in the field who share their knowledge and wisdom with the readers. This is a must-read for anyone who wants to master cardiac anesthesia.” – British Journal of Anaesthesia
Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia is a comprehensive and authoritative textbook that covers all aspects of cardiac anesthesia in cardiac and noncardiac surgery. The book provides up-to-date information on the latest techniques, together with essential guidance for readers administering anesthesia to cardiac surgery patients as well as cardiac patients undergoing noncardiac surgery. The book is written by experts in the field who share their knowledge and experience with the readers. The book also includes online access to videos, cases, questions, and references that enhance the learning experience. The book is a valuable resource for anesthesiologists, residents, fellows, nurses, perfusionists, cardiologists, surgeons, intensivists, and anyone who wants to learn more about cardiac anesthesia.